Journeyman – Construction
BoPat Electric is seeking to fill a position for an experienced Construction Foreman. The Electrical Foreman is responsible for the overall supervision of an electrical crew. This includes planning, scheduling, and coordinating the work of the crew, as well as ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with safety regulations and industry standards. The Electrical Foreman also provides training and guidance to the crew members, and is responsible for the quality of the work performed. Foremen at BoPat Electric have access to iPads to assist with job execution in the field.
- Planning and Scheduling:
- Develop and implement work plans for assigned projects.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of the crew.
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with safety regulations and industry standards
- Provide training and guidance to crew members on safety procedures
- Conduct safety inspections
- Ensure that the work is performed to a high standard of quality
- Monitor quality control procedures
- Inspect the work of the crew
- Training and Guidance:
- Provide training and guidance to crew members on electrical procedures and techniques
- Mentor and motivate crew members
- Communicate with customers (GCs), and other stakeholders such as Vendors & Supply houses.
- Communicate with the crew on the status of projects and changes to plans.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed.
- Daily submission of job notes via iPad.
- Daily roll-call via iPad.
- Electrical Qualifications
- 5 or more years of experience in the Electrical Field as an experienced Electrician.
- Possession of a Journeyman License.
- Ability to interpret blueprints or technical diagrams.
- Ability to manage small (100k) to large ($2m) commercial projects.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and installing electrical systems.
- Experience with lighting controls, motor controls, pipe bending (1/2"-4"), running MC, switch gear, fire alarm systems, panel installation, low voltage control, and HVAC wiring.
- Experience in maintenance and repair of existing electrical infrastructure.
- Physical Qualifications:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, and to bend, climb, squat, reach, and kneel.
- General Job Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Dependable transportation
- Clean Criminal Background and Driving Record
- HS Diploma or GED
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
- Salary: based on experience.
- Company Van for Business Use
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits including:
- 401k w/ Company Contribution
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement for industry related personal growth with approval
- Medical coverage
- Vision Care
- Dental Plan