Bopat has a forty-five-year history of successfully completing projects for many of the most respected and award-winning General Contractors, Construction Managers, Property Owners and Managers. We are looking to make an addition to our team and we want to hire a self-motivated and knowledgeable individual with strong interpersonal skills. Bopat is an organization that values its team members and provides them with a stimulating work environment, allowing for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
General Job Description:
Electrical Estimator will be responsible for activities including, but not limited to:
- Prepare detailed take-off of electrical materials, equipment and labor based on accurate reading of blueprints and related documents.
- Represent the Company at pre-bid meetings, site visits and customer meetings. Ensure customer concerns are relayed through appropriate channels for resolution.
- Review bid package documentation, plans and proposal specifications to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate for RFPs, RFQs and quotes.
- Manage and/or coordinate bid schedule with Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Submit bids to Company clients/customers and follow up until award.
- Manage RFI communication and Change Orders.
- Generate new relationships and business while strengthening relationships with existing customers.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
The qualified applicant:
- Minimum 1-year experience as Commercial Electrical Project Estimator and/or Project Manager.
- Knowledge and expertise with National Electrical Code (Master’s License a plus, but not required).
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, to meet project deadlines.
- Strong detail orientation and analytical skill.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency of computer based estimating software (Vision InfoSoft - Electrical Bid Management ‘EBM’ experience a plus, but not required).
- Experience and proficiency of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task a variety of projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Proven success of winning projects and meeting cost and profit projections/expectations.
If interested, please complete an Employment Inquiry.