Apprentice Field Service Technician - Electrical Maintenance
BOPAT Electric is seeking to fill a position for a Apprentice Electrical Maintenance Field Technician. The candidate will be responsible for assisting advanced-Technicians in performing IR/Thermography and Visual inspections of energized and deenergized electrical components up to 600V AC. In addition to Inspections, the Technician will be expected to assist with various other Electrical tests and Engineering Studies such as ARC Flash and Coordination Studies, and manage the information acquired in an organized fashion. The candidate is expected to advance their knowledge of electrical theory, maintenance, safety code, electrical code, and testing methods. Technician will be expected to perform all duties in a safe fashion and in compliance with Industry standards.
- Maryland Apprentice Electrical License
- Minimum 2 Years current Electrical Service Experience
- Proven ability to manage and communicate large amounts of information
- Proven ability to interact with Customers
- Use of Arc Flash PPE rated up to Cat 4
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Skills and experience with Microsoft Word, and other Microsoft office tools.
- OSHA 10 Certification
- HS Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License
- Clean Criminal Background and Driving Record
- Required to complete of Level-I Thermographer Certification within 1 year of hire.
- Required to complete training for use of DLRO Meter, Megohmmeter, Power Quality Recorder, Ground Resistance Tester within 1 year of hire.
- Already enrolled in an Electrical Apprenticeship Program
- Level I Thermography Certification
- Experience with DLRO Testing
- Experience with Megohmmeter Testing
- Experience with Ground resistance testing
- Experience with Power Quality Recorder Installation and Removal
- Experience with Power Logger Installation and Removal
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Working knowledge of NEC, FFPA 70B, NFPA 70E and OSHA requirements
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits including:
- 401k w/ Company Contribution
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick leave
- Tuition Reimbursement for apprenticeship school
- Tuition reimbursement for industry related personal growth with approval
- Medical coverage
- Vision Care
- Dental Plan